used my new amazing sumo technique! recap on my cues:
1. hook grip one finger inside knurling. using first two fingers rather than middle two fingers for reduced ROM.
2. bar against shins
3. spread feet out far enough so i feel i can use my glutes, toes angled out
4. hang over bar a bit more than what i'd like
5. dip down a bit (like i do in conventional) as i brace
6. brace by taking a deep breath and pushing stomach out. no belt
7. push with glutes to make knees go out over my toes. keep bar against shins!
8. push with quads
9. keep hanging over the bar at lockout, to reduce ROM.
using my cue of performing the lift by opening up the hip angle works.
cliffs on the technique: wide stance, push with glutes